Yet another great pic courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net. Thank you Clare Bloomfield for generously sharing your work!Reflecting on 2010 a bunch lately. As far as auditory weaknesses go...I fell in love with:
- The Black Keys
- She & Him
- Emiliana Torrini
- Jolie Holland
- Dent May
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts (as she's not a new artist, we just rekindled the flame)
Material goodies I fell for include:
- My darling ukelele. Still strumming, still warms my heart to play.
- My MacBook Pro. You cost me a crap load of cheddar, but you made up for it by helping me stay well connected with dear friends like you sweet reader!
- "Oh Snap!" project bags from Namaste. Not too big, not too small, perfect for sock knitting or even a sweater. Flawless! Check 'em out.
Delicious discoveries of 2010:
- Caramelitas made with gooey homemade caramel. Caramel made from scratch people! Holy cow...I can't stand the goodness! Google it my friends, you will not be disappointed!
- Salted caramel hot chocolate...there's a theme developing here...I'm so predictable: buy me some music and some caramel and I'll be your bestest pal, for-eva eva!
Finally, I think my favorite moment of 2010 was hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time. It's impossible to put it into words so I'll just leave it at that. For the first time ever, I am so excited to usher in a new year! It's gonna get wild, and messy, but there's gonna be a whole lot of love too...I can feel it!
Wait, one more favorite moment...waking E up at an unholy hour on a Sunday morning (4am maybe?) to tell him the stick I peed on indicated I'm cultivating a little life form. His reaction was classic Erik. All love and tenderness didn't even mention the ungodly hour, wasn't bothered in the slightest by my impatience. I'm a lucky girl.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Happy New Year Friends!